Seal The Deal
Reality Based Learning
A Great Experience
That gives back to your school
Give your students a real-world learning opportunity and receive a $500 donation for your department.
Seal The Deal is a reality based learning technique designed by The Big Salad and is used to complement your current high school Business, Marketing or Advertising courses. For over 5 years, the Seal The Deal project has been used in multiple schools, giving hundreds of students the opportunity to use the knowledge being taught in the classroom in a real-life setting.
How Does Seal The Deal Work?
The Big Salad works with your business teacher and/or department chairperson to schedule the Seal The Deal project. The project consist of 5 easy steps:
- Your class is split into 5-6 groups (no more than 6 students per group)
- Each group is presented with a full list of ingredients carried by The Big Salad
- Each group will use the list of ingredients to design their own product which they feel can be sold to customers. Each group will have the opportunity to meet at a The Big Salad location and work with the owner to taste, tweak and finalize their product selection.
- Once a product is selected, each group will create a:
- Name and Theme for their product
- “Elevator-pitch” describing their product
- Marketing campaign for their product
- Social Media campaign for their product.
- Each group will then have one day to sell their product at The Big Salad. The group that sells the most WINS!
How Does The Class Win?
The group that Seals The Deal will:
- Be presented with a Seal The Deal trophy cup listing the year, the product and the names of each student in the wining group. The trophy will remain with the school and future winning groups will be added to the cup.
- Have their item be featured on The Big Salad menu, listing the names of the creators.
- Receive a $500 donation to be used by the school.
How Long Does The Project Last?
The entire project lasts only 4-6 weeks, depending on the number of students in each group. Each group is only expected to spend 1-2 days of classroom time each week on the project.
What is Expected From The Teacher?
The Big Salad provides all the tools and support to the teacher. Additionally, The Big Salad will meet with the teacher, the class and each group, once per week during the regularly scheduled class.
Can I Grade My Students?
Absolutely! The Big Salad has many tools and suggestions on ways to grade the students.
How Does Seal The Deal Help My Students and My School?
The landscape of education is changing now more than ever. With the heavy use of technology teachers are constantly competing to try to gain and keep the students attention, while also educating them and preparing them for the future. We believe, and our experience has shown us that all students need access to real-world, applied learning experiences that empower them to gain the skills they need to thrive in college, career and beyond.